Purrfect Care Feline Medical Center is the culmination of years of experience in high quality feline-friendly veterinary care. Learn more about us and what we can do to improve and maintain your cat’s health.
Purrfect Care Feline Medical Center
Purrfect Care: Designed for cats!
Dr. Janet K. Cohn opened Purrfect Care Feline Medical Center in 2015 to fulfill a niche for top quality feline medical care with a softer touch. Our staff and facilities are dedicated to providing the ultimate in cat care and comfort.
Come visit our hospital in Grandview and you will see what sets us apart from other vets:
- In our waiting area we have comfortable furniture and tables to place your cat carriers on so your cat is off the ground.
- Our exam rooms feature multiple feline-friendly platforms so your cat can choose where s/he is most comfortable being examined (no stainless steel tables here!).
- Our treatment area has cages with heated floors for your cat’s comfort and quicker recovery from anesthesia.
- We offer in-home care through our house call service for those cats or families who would find this less stressful or more convenient.
- We are ranked by the AAFP (American Association of Feline Practitioners) as a Gold Level Cat Friendly Practice, which is the highest level a veterinary practice can achieve.
As you can see, a great deal of thought has gone into what we can do to make you and your cat feel at home.
Janet K. Cohn, DVM
Board-Certified in Feline Medicine with over 20 years experience as a cat specialist
Dr. Janet K. Cohn has had a life-long passion for helping animals. Although a dog person growing up, Dr. Cohn came to her senses with the help of Sampson, an orange tabby kitten she adopted from a shelter in 1988. Sampson brought so much joy and love to her life that she decided to dedicate her professional career to felines. Dr. Cohn graduated from the Ohio State University School of Veterinary Medicine in 1994 and became board-certified in feline medicine by the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in 2000. She has over 21 years of feline-only experience. Currently, she shares her home with her husband Bill, two teenage humans, 6 cats (all shelter animals or strays), 2 dogs (1 of which was a shelter animal).
Allison L. Hagley, DVM
Dr. Allison L. Hagley received both her bachelor’s degree in Animal Science and her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from The Ohio State University, and worked in small animal general practice before deciding that cats were her favorite patients and joining the Purrfect Care team. Her favorite aspects of veterinary medicine include nutrition, preventive care, and behavior, particularly management of feline idiopathic cystitis, and she loves using a variety of methods to ease the fear of cats who are anxious during vet visits. Dr. Hagley and her husband Jonathan share their home with a one-eyed tabby cat named Una, and also periodically foster greyhounds who have retired from racing. In her free time, you can find her watching hockey, trying new restaurants, camping, and playing board games.