We are proud to announce that Purrfect Care Feline Medical Center is a Gold Level Status Cat Friendly veterinary hospital!
Gold Level is the top level a veterinary hospital can achieve and is awarded by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. We are thrilled to be in this elite group!
As a Gold level status hospital, we have incorporated the optimum level of Cat Friendly Criteria, which includes:
- Full mouth dental x-rays with every dental procedure
- Platforms in waiting room to elevate your cat off the ground
- Feline-exclusive waiting room
- Feline-exclusive boarding facility that is low traffic, low noise and includes phermone plug-ins
- Laboratory specimens and procedures to be obtained/conducted in exam rooms when possible
Above and beyond the Cat Friendly Practice criteria
Everyone who works at Purrfect Care has a passion for cats and providing the best care. This means we are always striving to learn and excel as a feline medical center. As new research studies and animal behavior techniques are published, we evaluate the information to see how we can incorporate the latest information into our practice. Here are some recent additions to our Cat Friendly list:
- Classical Music and Cats – Studies have pointed to calmer heart rates in cats when classical music is played during surgeries. Not only do we play classical music during all procedures, but we also have it playing throughout our office.
- Fresh Catnip – We have fresh catnip plants growing under our lobby’s skylights. We give this fresh source of stimulation to boarding cats. (You are welcome to take some home for your cat to enjoy after an appointment or procedure, too!)
- Regular training on best handling techniques for cats – We use these new techniques during appointments and before/during/after procedures to help cats stay as stress free as possible.
- Lunch and Learns with highly trained representatives in the veterinary field keep our staff up-to-date on the latest advancements and information pertaining to cats and their needs.
- Our in-house continuing education program keeps our staff members on the same page with veterinary-specific scientific research, tips, techniques as well as fun information.